[nfbmi-talk] Learning Braille music notation?

Shepherd, Amy amyshepherd at mpvi.org
Fri Mar 8 18:28:16 UTC 2013

Thank You Fred.

I do know of at least 2 school districts in Michigan that are using this
equipment with a couple of students. It is a $4,000 piece of equipment
(Large Flat Screen PC Computer, Tall Computer Stand, Music Software) and it
does allow you to can scan, translate and emboss Braille Music.  It also
has some magnification features but for full magnification (mouse, menu,
etc.) you need to purchase a separate magnification program.   As of last
year there had been no recents updates to the program so I am curious to
see if they have made some changes.

The sales representative who sells them in Michigan usually attends the
annual MAER Conference http://www.maerbvi.org/ which is being held in
Livonia on April 25 & 26.  I mention this in case anyone would like to demo
it.

Thanks for posting!

Amy

--