[nfbmi-talk] Try to be good to each other

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 04:26:51 UTC 2013

Indeed, it is certainly true that there is no shame in being paid, and paid
well, and prosper to work as a well-qualified professional in the field or
trade of a person's choosing.  That is admirable and respectable.  After
all, isn't that the dream and mission of NFB?  That is the philosophy I was
raised with my NFB parents, and I strive to pass to my children and
grandchildren.

What amazes and disheartens me is that with Joe speaks om, the large number
of professionals, including those blind persons, who for whatever reason,
progress to a certain level or status, and forget from where they came, and
most importantly, the many persons and resources that assisted them to their
position of power, authority, and status, thus, as Joe points out truthfully
and without pointing out names, and we all know some or many that are cooped
to be participants in that which they, in many cases, once decried as
discriminatory, paternalistic, and down right illegal.  Unfortunately,
speaking about civil service, the system does not respect, promote, and
reward the likes of Christine and Doug Boone, rather it promotes and rewards
the silence, step on and over, the many dedicated well-qualified
professional with integrity, compassion, and passion for their chosen
profession and path in life.  All too often quality civil servants are lost
to disenchantment, incompetent management, and even abuse, by the persons in
power and authority in-charge, that have forgotten their roots, abandoning
the values and integrity they once-upon-a-time cherished and operated to get
to their positions of power and authority over others.  What is that truism,
something about absolute power and corruption?  What I wish to get at is
that the cooped end up absolutely power corrupt, in my opinion.