[nfbmi-talk] FW: possible job

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Wed May 1 19:57:46 UTC 2013

From: Donbrosky, Frances G. (DHS) [mailto:DonbroskyF2 at michigan.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:47 PM
Subject: possible job

I just seen this on Channel 10 news site and I know a couple of friends who
are looking for a job.  I just called a lady from my church and let her
know.  If you're not interested just delete.

"Meijer Holding Hiring Event to Fill 300 Jobs

 <http://media.graytvinc.com/images/meijer.jpg>
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/133*56/meijer.jpg

Meijer is partnering with Capital Area Michigan Works! to host a hiring
event in an effort to boost summer staffing and prepare for future growth at
its Lansing Distribution Facility.

The hiring event will be held from 11am to 3pm, Thursday May 2, at the
Capital Area Michigan Works! Office located at 2110 S. Cedar Street in
Lansing.

The event will feature informational sessions with applicants, and will be
followed up with formal interviews at a later date. Applicants must register
at meijerhiring.eventbrite.com for one of the 30 minute informational
sessions.

The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer plans to hire up to 300 full-time,
part-time and seasonal warehouse associates for its Lansing Distribution
Facility. Position responsibilities include gathering store orders and
staging them for distribution. Previous warehouse experience is preferred,
but it is not required since training will be provided.

"While most of the positions are part-time, these jobs can provide a gateway
to a full-time career at Meijer," said Frank Guglielmi, director of public
relations. "It's a wonderful opportunity to get your foot in the door and
demonstrate success within a growing company."

Meijer specifically reached out to the Capital Area Michigan Works! Office
in an effort to ensure area veterans would receive information about the
event. Representatives expect more than 500 applicants in attendance.

"Capital Area Michigan Works! is excited to partner with Meijer to promote
the warehouse associate positions in the greater Lansing area," said Edythe
Hatter-Williams, president and chief operating officer at Capital Area
Michigan Works!. "It will be a great opportunity for job seekers to receive
assistance with the application process and help Meijer connect with future
employees."

All interested applicants must apply online at www.joinmeijer.com before
attending the hiring event. Please use the keyword "Capital Area Michigan
Works Hiring Event."

Frances Donbrosky

Phone Pool Operator

Ingham Co. Dept. of Human Services