[nfbmi-talk] New Tell Me number Now 24-7

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sat May 11 01:19:04 UTC 2013

Hi Marcus,

Tell-me was and now 24-7, is a free telephone service that gives a lot of
information from weather and sports scores to driving directions over the
phone.  My favorite feature is that it will place calls automatically to
businesses.  You can ask for a city and state, say the name of the business,
it will respond with the name, address and phone number of the business.
You then have the option of saying "connect me" and voila! you are connected
to the business.  Rarely this connect feature malfunctions, but 98% of the
time it really works great.  I like it for the cell phone since the service
is free and cell directory assistance is very expensive.

Donna is correct, the number she gives is a toll call.  The number I gave is
their toll-free number.  Many of us no longer pay long distance charges, so
this isn't as important as it used to be.  Wow, remember all those low cost
long distance services?  No more!  As 1 of my heroes', Bob Dylan, says, "The
times they are a changin'.""

The sports feature of this service is good when in meetings.  You can get
up-to-the-minute sports scores for most college and professional games as
they occur.  Great for meetings where it is not possible to listen to the
game.

Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards,

Fred