[nfbmi-talk] sharon ellis' job description

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 22:31:55 UTC 2013

My point exactly and she actually works as Deputy Director of Operations at
DTMB. She was a campaign consultent for Democracrats for years including
working for Berneros opponnent. Then she shifted in a paid position for the
Snyder campaign....After I started stinking up the works with ADA complaints
tto the Michigan Civil Rights Commission then this job got put in place.

Now this is the same Sharon Ellis who I sent my article on the ADA
celebration here in Flint where her name was evoked who said she doesn't do
ADA work. Then when I pointed out the signage issues in the state that were
also in the article she referred me to Joel Hoffman who I've dealt with
before and who signed off on the DTMB ADA surveys in 2008 (more than a
decade late by the way). Then Rodgers mentioned her and all the great work
she and all are doing on the Program access issue at our NFB MI convention.

But we know the barriers haven't been removed.

And by the way I've got a report on her from a conference Ellis spoke at in
the U.P. on universal design. Even the architects thought she didn't have a
clue.

And these are on physical access issues.
What she doesn't know about effective communications issues like alternate
formats for the blind and effective communications with the deaf is, as they
say "a lot".

Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up here in Michigan.

But, you Marianne got it all on the first go-around....Big smile...