[nfbmi-talk] I Can Connect program funding

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 4 03:10:06 UTC 2013

Maybe they should recieve this partially accessible reimbursement form I got
after some simple google searches with my outdated pc and outdated assistive
technology?

National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program (NDBEDP) Reimbursement
Request
This is the html version of the file
http://www.r-l-s-a.com/TRS/NDBEDPReimbursementRequestForm.3.pdf.

Google automatically generates html versions of documents as we crawl the
web.

Page 1
3
Form v3 page 1
1.
2.
Phone:
3.
4.
Year:
5.
*
6.
*
7.
*
8.
9.
*
10.
11.
Rolka Loube Saltzer Associates
Total
I swear under penalty of perjury that I am an officer of the above-named
reporting entity and that I have examined all cost data associated with
equipment
and related services for
the claims submitted herein, and that all such data are true and an accurate
statement of the affairs of the above-named certified program.
Typed Authorized Officer's Name
Authorized Officer Signature
Date
Typed Officer Title
Outreach efforts to inform state residents about NDBEDP
Administrative costs related to this program
Only up to 15% of the total reimbursable costs for the distribution of
equipment and
related services is permissable.
Installation of equipment and individualized consumer training
Costs for / Maintenance of an inventory of equipment
(Unassigned equipment that can be loaned to a consumer during periods when
their
assigned equipment is being repaired, equipment used to assess/train users)
Personnel contact name:
Ext:
Email address:
National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution
Program (NDBEDP) Reimbursement Request
The NDBEDP is a program mandated by Section 105 of the Twenty-First Century
Communications and Video
Accessibility Act (CVAA) that provides funding of up to $10 million annually
for the distribution of communications
equipment to low-income individuals who are deaf-blind. This form is
designed exclusively for use by entities certified
by the Federal Communications Commission to receive support for the local
distribution of equipment to low-income
individuals who are deaf-blind.
Submit this completed and signed form and supporting documentation to:
Rolka Loube Saltzer Associates, 213 Market Street, 12th Floor, Harrisburg,
PA 17101
or email to ndbedp at r-l-s-a.com or fax to 888-811-6920
Entity requesting reimbursement:
Period when expenses occurred:
State:
(Note that this request must be submitted within 30 days of the close of the
period when the expenses occurred)
Reimbursement is requested for costs associated with:
*(Enter total from separate worksheet)
Individualized assessments of applicant eligibility and communication needs
Equipment and related expenses
This includes cost of equipment and software, maintenance, repairs,
warranties, returns,
refurbishing, upgrading and replacing of equipment distributed to disabled
consumers

Page 2
Expenses that are not reimbursable by the NDBEDP
Expenses incurred or paid prior to the official start date of the program
Costs that exceed the certified program's annual funding allocation
Client travel expenses
Separately invoiced training of family members, personal attendants, or
others who might
provide support on how to use and maintain the distributed equipment (others
may be trained
on how to use and maintain the equipment if such training occurs at the same
time as the
training for the equipment recipient and there is no additional cost
incurred for training
additional people. The NDBEDP will not reimburse costs incurred for training
anyone but the
equipment recipient.)
"Training the trainer" expenses
Telecommunications, broadband or other advanced communications services
Equipment or devices that facilitate other life functions (e.g. , hearing
aids, wheelchairs)
Teaching braille
Teaching English or other language skills, such as reading or writing
Teaching keyboarding skills or basic computer skills
Training to use equipment that was not distributed by an ndbedp certified
program
Converting equipment user manuals or guides into accessible formats
Assistive lighting (unrelated to signaling devices to alert user to an
incoming call)
Administrative expenses that exceed 15% of the certified program's total
reimbursable expenses
Other expenses determined by the fcc and/or the trs fund administrator to be
not reimbursable

Page 3
Auxiliary aids and services, such as sign language interpreter services
Other expenses related to eligibility and communications assessments
Total
Total hours (during period) involved in assessments
Form v3 page 2
Individualized assessments of applicant eligibility and communication needs:
Costs during period:
Verification of applicant eligibility (deaf-blind disability & low-income)
Communications assessments
Travel expenses for assessment personnel, support service providers,
and drivers

Page 4
Other types of equipment that make telecommunications service,
Internet access service, and advanced communications accessible
to individuals who are deaf-blind
Total hours (during period) spent upgrading distributed equipment
Describe nature of upgrades performed:
Total
Total hours (during period) associated with maintenance, repair,
warranty and refurbishing of distributed equipment
Partial payment for a piece of NDBEDP equipment, when another
entity pays remaining balance
Batteries or upgrades for equipment that was not distributed by the
NDBEDP
Maintenance, repair, refurbishing of equipment, costs related to
handling broken equipment under warranty
Accessories, such as switches and clamps, required to enable the
individual to access the equipment
Equipment shipping expenses
Equipment-related:
Costs during period:
New customer: Cost of specialized customer premises equipment
New customer: Cost of off-the-shelf hardware
New customer: Cost of software applications
Upgrades to existing equipment and replacement hard/software costs
Devices to alert individuals that they are receiving a communication
through the distributed equipment, such as flashing lights
Travel expenses associated with upgrades and/or repairs
Form v3 page 3

Page 5
For each piece of equipment distributed, provide the following:
For this information, please prepare and submit a TXT file as
described within the filing instructions.
Deaf Blind Person
Person Who Attests to the Disability of the Deaf Blind Person
Equipment
Full Name
Street Address
Email Address
Phone Number
Full Name
Street Address
Email Address
Cost
Type of Communication Service
with which it is used
Type of relay service it can access
# of days between assessment
of need and delivery of
equipment
Telephone Number
Date Installed
Name of Item
Serial Number
Brand
Function

Page 6
Installation of equipment and / or software
Instructional materials in an accessible format that are necessary for
the use of the distributed equipment
Auxiliary aids and services
Other expenses related to installation and training
Total
Total hours (during period) involved in installation or training
Form v3 page 4
Installation and training:
Costs during period:
Labor costs related to providing individualized consumer training
Travel expenses for assessment personnel, support service providers,
trainers, interveners and drivers

Page 7
Total hours (during period) associated with outreach activities
Type of outreach efforts taken during this period:
Auxiliary aids and services, such as sign language interpreter services,
to ensure effective communication with individuals who are deaf-blind
Total
State and local outreach and education expenses during period
Participating in outreach and education events and activities, such as
conducting workshops at deaf-blind related conferences, hosting
program exhibit booths, and responding to program inquiries
Development and maintenance of an accessible program website
formats for the public or applicants, such as flyers, application
forms, public service announcements, advertisements & press releases
In-state travel expenses for outreach personnel, support service
providers, or drivers, such as expenses for mileage to and from
outreach events
Other expenses related to outreach and education
Development and production of program information
Form v3 page 5