[nfbmi-talk] still no response from you mr rodgers

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Nov 8 16:00:56 UTC 2013

October 25 2013 Rodgers on I Can Connect

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810516-5262

To: Ed Rodgers, BSBP

(Via E-mail)

Dear Mr. Rodgers,

I am interested in learning more about the following program referenced in the very last issue of the MCB Report of September, 2012:

““National Deaf/Blind Equipment Distribution Program

MCB was instrumental in obtaining a grant through the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to provide training and technology equipment for eligible deaf/blind

individuals in the state of Michigan.  The National Deaf/Blind Equipment Distribution Program (NDBEDP) is a two-year grant program with a possibility of

three years.  The working title is iCanConnect.  The program will be administered by MCB through collaboration with the Perkins School for the Blind and

the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf/Blind Youth and Adults.  MCB will provide a coordinator for the program to provide training and distribution

of equipment to deaf/blind consumers.  The agency will be working with a variety of organizations and agencies to identify persons who will be eligible

for the program.  Cindy Caldwell will be the coordinator for this program.””

“

In addition I was interested in hearing your response to Mr. Marcus Simmons at the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan convention recently.

You referenced some three party contracts at that meeting.

So I guess what I’d like to have here is an accessible copy of the aforementioned grant and copies of the “three party” contracts you referenced at the NFB convention.

In addition I think it would be useful to have information about this program (how to apply for it etc.) on BSBP’s own web site. You know so Deaf Blind consumers might very well indeed “connect” to this “I Can Connect” program here in Michigan.

You may simply send me requested information as either Word attachments or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above, or you might simply send me urls with appropriate state and/or federal entities for this information which should be readily available somewhere, including again on BSBP’s own web site.

Thank you in advance for your prompt and accessible response to this inquiry.

Cordially,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.