[nfbmi-talk] wonder if rodgers learned anything there?

Christine Boone christineboone2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 20:02:23 UTC 2013

Certainly not...he already knows more than anyone else who was there...

This begs the question why Ed wanted to attend this meeting at all.  And why did he take the liberty of spending the money to travel on Sunday when the NCSAB does not begin until 1 p.m. on Wednesday?  Well because he apparently felt like spending a few additional days in Denver, attending all of the CSAVR (Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation) which runs from Sunday night through Wednesday morning.

While this is sometimes a reasonable thing to do, if one is head of a Bureau that  is part of a combined agency, my question is why did Ed need to do this?  We do not have a combined agency here.  Indeed our general agency is in another department.  As for the federal arm, RSA gives essentially the same report on Wednesday afternoon to the NCSAB folks, as on Monday morning to the CSAVR crowd.  So it was another $500+ for the registration, (multiplied by the number attending), plus lodging for 3 nights and meals for 3 days for Ed, Mike and anyone else who came along.

Because this meeting was in Denver, it was Very doable to travel on Wednesday morning and arrive in plenty of time for the 1:00 start.  I took that morning flight earlier this year and was at my destination before 11 a.m.

But it's only money, and not Mr. Rodgers money at that.
I want to make a plaque for every state administrator that sayd
"I report to the tax payers".
The odds are that there is someone, somewhere in our state government who knows this and who is a worthy beneficiary of the tax-payer funded salary that he or she receives, but I do not think I have met this person yet.
 My prayer is that they will find a way to multiply their kind, at the expense of the Yahoos who are now attempting to run the joint.

By the way I am currently reading the writings of Johnathan Swiift... and his words are balm for the sole of a citizen who has been betrayed by the monarchy.

Christine