[nfbmi-talk] questions about port huron vending and more

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 22:57:25 UTC 2013

Joe, this is simply too funny!  Shall we bet on how many thousands or
hundred of thousands of dollars this one will cost you in FOIA fees?  I can
hardly wait to see and use that FOIA response!

Were you to actually receive an unedited  copy of the All-Star contract, I
wonder if it will give any clues as to whom is sleeping with whom, or whom
is the likely recipient of an illegal kickback by a state official, sworn to
uphold the law and Constitution of this state and nation?

By the way, that contract should have, at minimum, been shared with the
Elected Operators' Committee, however, since it never was, and no memver of
the EOC requested a copy of the  contract, and we know they are bought-off
or in intimate relationship with management, it raises the question of a
possible involvement or kickback to an EOC member.  Any guesses as to who
that might be?  The promotional agents cannot be ruled out either.

Now, I am not suggesting absolute corruption in this matter, however, after
a read of the BEP audit, and no plausible answers having been given for the
incestuous relationship between equipment contractors to the BEP, and the
unaccounted for equipment and expenditures by BEP management, as identified
by state auditors, it does without question raise the high possibility, if
not probability that some type of illegal hanky-panky has taken place with
regard to the All-Star vending company Port Huron vending facility contract.
Of course, it is highly likely that information and transparency will be
forthcoming, at least for now and voluntarily, to determine the truth of
this contract.  This is demonstrated by the fact that the BEP audit findings
and conclusions have been swept under the LARA and BS4BP carpet, with
absolutely no interest by LARA, BS4BP, and the EOC to get to the truth of
the BEP audit findings and conclusions, and unlike the private sector, which
the current governor was quoted as saying his administration was going to
re-invent Michigan government to be more effective and efficient as in the
private sector, the BEP management remains at the taxpayer feeding well,
whereas in the private sector, with such BEP audit findings and conclusions,
BEP management would have been out of a job, in other words, FIRED!  So much
for the reinvention of Michigan government, Mr. Governnor!