[nfbmi-talk] {Disarmed} Marc Maurer's important Message about Adrienne Asch

Christine Boone christineboone2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:04:01 UTC 2013

Greetings Fellow Federationists:  It is with great sorrow that I share President Maurer's message about the passing of my friend Adrienne Ashe.  Adrienne was a brilliant woman, a college professor, a world class researcher in the cutting-edge science of bio-ethics, and a lover of international travel.

In 2008 or 2009 we had the privilege of having Adrienne address students at the Training Center, when she was in Michigan to deliver a lecture at Western Michigan University.  The students were thrilled to hear her talk about her work in Bio-ethics, biology and all manner of scientific endeavors.  She also told them about her recent trip to Africa...an experience that she said had truly taken her out of her comfort zone when it came to traveling as a blind person.

Adrienne was not a person who talked about herself much, limiting her public appearances to discussing her work.  Our Training Center students were among a very few people to see this private side of my friend.
I consider myself to have been richly blessed by knowing Adrienne.

Here is Mark's message: