[nfbmi-talk] Door Prizes and Auction Items

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Oct 3 03:41:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

1 of the fun parts of our state convention is door prizes.  I want to
encourage all of you to go get lots of cool stuff.  The coolest stuff is the
cool stuff you would like to get.  That should be easy.

We need lots of attractive auction items.  The idea of auction items is to
get things others would like to spend money on so we can raise lots of money
for our organization.  Again, find items that you would like to buy and
those will be things others would like to buy.  Small electronic items,
homemade baked goods, sports items like autograph pictures and clothing are
good sellers.  Hotel stays, airplane vouchers and other travel items are
very popular.  Personal services like meals for others, singing lessons,
studio time, massages, a date with you, have all been great auction items in
the past. These are fun ways to get to know your fellow members.

So, stand up, turn around, go outside, find your favorite merchant and
politely ask those who you do business with to help out.  Call your favorite
radio station and ask for a donation.  Radio stations always have stuff to
give away.  If you bowl, play bingo, eat at a particular restaurant you have
places to find cool stuff others will like.  If you get restaurant
certificates, try to find those that can be used around the state, since you
won't know who will end up with them.

I'm counting on you, yes YOU.  Bring lots of loot to our party. Let's make
this a wopdoliger of an event.  If you have questions, call me at
517-485-0326.  Bring your items to me at the convention.

See you all there.

Warmest Federation Regards,

Fred