[nfbmi-talk] Michigan Statute.

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 11:46:19 UTC 2013

After reveiwing the statute, I found several points for discussion. The statute clearly violates the Americans With Disabilities Act by requiring one to show Id. The ADA does not require this. Also, I'd like to change the wording of this statute. It refers to us as trainers. Trainers are thos who train our dogs not the ones using dogs. I prefer handler but that could be negociated. This statute does not make any distinction between trainer and handler. It also doesn't appear to allow for those who owner train there dogs. In my oppinion, this thing needs work! These are points to consider for our upcoming meeting.  Larry D Keeler Chair Michigan Committee of Guide Dog Users
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!