[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Conflict of Interest Complaint

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 18:46:27 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Rodgers, Edward (LARA)
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Conflict of Interest Complaint

Mr. Rodgers,

As area supervisor Ms. McNeal has signed off on more than $100,000 of PSBP funds to New Horizons this fiscal year alone while on their board.

Moreover, note the "reversion to vendor" issues cited in the RSA monitoring report relative to New Horizons, the McComb ISD, and MCB on "transition programs". That was also during the time McNeal was area supervisor.

As pointed out before it is not an issue whether or not McNeal gets money for her board service. What matters is that she is steering federal funds in to this Community Rehabilitation Program. Moroever, this CRP also carries a Section 14 C certificate and employes many people with disabilities at sub-minimum wages.

Regardless this is more than an appearance of conflicted interests by a State official and steward  of state and federal funds.

And the contention by New Horizons attorneys (Bodman, LLP) that it wasn't a conflict is self serving at best. (Those are the Cannon issues you brought up.) It is the purely interested party saying that they have no interest. I mean after all they examined themselves. This is apparent upon its face.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.