[nfbmi-talk] Convention

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 13:37:07 UTC 2013

I'm glad I attended convention this year as well. I'm glad to see new members, especially those from Grand Rapids. Also, I was glad to see several guide dogs from several schools as well! New blood is always good and Derick has some fire to bring us! Despite some things such as those other dog users going to other events instead of mine, I'm not disappointed! We'll still be able to figure a way to conduct business. So many thanks to Christine Boone for working on our resolution from our guide dog committee! And, sorry for being so confused about the computer thing Christin4e! I forget other folks have lap tops and when you told me you had it on your computer, I sort of gave up! Well, that'll teach me! And thanks to my fellow Federationists for realizing that this resolution is as important as all of the resolutions concerning the BSPB. I also had fun helping folks and introducing them to events at convention. Sometimes I wasn't where I was supposed to be because I was helping folks but, it worked out! I'm realizing that even I, someone who is continually chasing that illussive job and can't catch it can make a differenc both politically and socially at convention. We were very successful! One last thing. When we passed our guide dog committee's resolution, I was so enthusiastic that I banged my coffee cup on the table. I then heard a dog at the next table bark. Couldn't have planned that any better! But, I lost some of my composure and began laughing! The timing was perfect!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!