[nfbmi-talk] Conflict of Interest Complaint

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 14:04:46 UTC 2013

You are correct. But the cgame is rigged from the get go on several counts
here.

First, the conflict goes to McNeal as a public employee dealing with public
funds.
Seccondly, in the past who stated there was no conflict? It was the very
highly paid John Cashen, Bodman LLP (a right to work law firm by the way).

And New Horizons is not a smal non-profit. In fact as posted earlier they
recived more than one million federal/state Vocational Rehabilitation
dollars from MRS and BSBP respectively in FY 2013 alone.

That doesn't even include all of the millions they get in Javitts Wagner
Oday contracts.

Finally Terry was most correct in pointing out the rummid Mark Eagle ethics
Board ruling which I did as well for the basis of not only the appearance of
a conflict of interest but actually conflicted interests.

And again New Horizons interfaces with other Board members from the public
Sector feeding this beast on transition services including Beth Alberti Sped
Director from the notorious Macomb Intermediate School District which was
sighted along with MCB for reversion to vendor (New Horizons) in the RSA
Monitoring report.

Moreover, Ron Storing was on the Okland ISD doing the same thing as VP of
New Horizons.

By the way we have similar conflicts with Peckham in their so-called
Transition programs where Peckham's CEO Mitch Tomlinson's wife is head of
transition programs for Ingham ISD and feeds the Peckham best in those
programs (mostly from MRS as the interface, but also with MCB/BSBP in the
past as you know).

Joe