[nfbmi-talk] simple year end operating budget request

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 18:30:17 UTC 2013

October 22 2013 BSBP Year End Operating Budget

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

To: Edward Rodgers, Director

Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

Dear Mr. Rodgers,

I am writing you today to receive the year end operating budget for BSBP. At this time I’m asking for no more than the illustration from MCB after my signature line.

Of course I expect no fee or FOIA garbage for this simple request for information related to public expenditures of mostly federal funds.

I also request it via simple e-mail and in addition I request that this information as well as related information like the state plan supplement and BSBP Commissioners’ meeting information is posted forthwith to the BSBP web site (which is not the case to this very day).

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

(Illustrative attachmentJ)

Michigan Commission for the Blind

Year End Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2008

Fiscal Year Period:  October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008

REVENUES

GF/GP                                                                                                          $4,543,649

DED-OSER                                                                                                   14,101,602

TRAINING                                                                                                            19,219

SOCIAL SECURITY REIMBURSEMENT                                                               531,459

DED-OSERS SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT                                                         103,206

GIFTS and STANLEY HERMAN                                                                            15,000

LOCAL MATCH                                                                                                  100,000

SETASIDE                                                                                                         410,000

OLDER BLIND                                                                                                 1,042,808

PART B                                                                                                             197,721

TOTAL REVENUES                                                                                       21,064,664

EXPENDITURES BY CATEGORY                                 BUDGETED SPENT    % SPENT

ADMINISTRATION                                                         $1,073,838            $1,004,037              93%

PASSTHROUGHS                                                         $1,836,021            $1,600,282              87%

VR                                                                                $8,869,072            $8,739,327              99%

MCB TRAINING CENTER                                               $3,875,203            $3,269,961              84%

BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PROGRAM                            $3,347,792            $2,823,226              84%

INDEPENDENT LIVING                                                  $1,820,938            $1,712,496              94%

YOUTH LOW VISION                                                        $241,800               $241,800            100%

TOTAL EXPENDITURES                                              $21,064,665          $19,391,129              92%