[nfbmi-talk] Denial of Services from MRS

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 20:30:22 UTC 2013

Hi Chris and All,

Now normally I would agree with you on this, but the more I consider it I
think we in the Federation should do all we can to not only support Marcus
but all Deaf-Blind Michiganders in securing rightfully programs from BSBP.
That is because they are the lead agency and recipient of funds especially
for these programs which MRS is not.

Marcus has done great work in trying to get to the bottom line of making the
"I Can Connect" program work here. Of course Rodgers did his usual dog and
pony show song and dance on the issue at our convention.

And Rodgers blamed everyone from Perkins to the FCC without substantiation.

Bottom line is that there are federal bucks for this program nationally, but
I don't know of even one deaf-blind person here who has even had an
assessment.

And of course we don't even get simple answers to simple questions about
money here and where it goes let alone substantiation of Rodgers shoot from
the lip assertions. Now some would call Rodgers' public comments outright
lies....Oh I guess that would be me who says that...

Anyway just as in supporting the general VR program and the BEP program,
etc. I think that NFB MI should support openess, transparency and
accountability from BSBP on behalf of our deaf-blind brothers and sisters.

Again I hear your point, Christine on the MRS issue but think we should make
a stand.

Besides MRS is in order of selection.

Joe