[nfbmi-talk] Third request for a copy of contract between Perkins School for the Blind and DSBP

Marcus Simmons president at map-n.org
Sun Oct 27 16:54:56 UTC 2013

Dear Mr. Rodgers, Edward (LARA),

I am writing you today for the third time to request a copy of the contract between the Perkins School for the Blind and DSBP concerning obligations  in the "I Can Connect" program inwhich you alluded to in your comments on Saturday, October 19, 2013 at the NFBMI State Convention. The audio clip is attached for your recollection.

If I don't hear from you, I will assume that no contract exists. If this is the case, the information I received from Perkins is correct indicating the only support they provide is "some services in Michigan (database and equipment procurement)" and that is all.

Maybe the source of funds comes from subcontracted fund manager, RLSA of Pennsylvania or somewhere else.

This needs to be resolved immediately.

In any case, why hold the clients hostage. Maybe you should consider using some of the roll-over funds from last year to complete your obligation, therefore not tying up earmarked funds to replace the grant money, since this is a temporary situation and the funds will be restored shortly.

I expect to hear from you promptly on this matter.

Cordially,
Marcus Simmons - President
ASE Certified Technician
Motown Automotive Professionals nonprofit
A 501(C)(3) Public Charity
55390 Lion Industrial Drive
New Hudson, MI 48165-8544
(248) 552-8928