[nfbmi-talk] washington seminar

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 31 13:16:07 UTC 2013

Hi Amy,

Please excuse the late reresponse but I couldn't agree with Christine here
more in this is an invaluable eexperience for blind youth and even old guys
like me in engaging the "democratic-republican" process.

I valued in put and engagement before I became blind and I value it today.

Simply we are citizens just like everyone else. Some are "Democrats", some
"Republicans" and some of us are not affiliated with either Party.

I wish I had bigger pockets to fund all.

I simply don't have those big pockets. Neither am I in a position of power
over funding by NFB or any other organization.

But, this said it is an invaluable lesson in basic civics for our youth who
happen to be blind as well as a way to engage with peers.

In fact I have been to more "Washington Seminars" than NationalConventions.