[nfbmi-talk] Fw: inescusable denials of information

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 31 21:20:46 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Farmer, Mel (LARA)
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: inescusable denials of information

Mr. Farmer,

This pertains to violations of the Michigan Open meetings Act and the general provisions of the ADA and Section 504 which relates to meeting minutes and other information related to BSBP and EOC meetings.
Under the latter information is required to be remitted pro forma in a variety of formats let alone upon request at no charge. Under the Open Meetings Act the most an agency can charge is postage for this information.

Yet, you and Ms. Haynes even after being informed of these things in the pubic record still are trying to charge me big time bucks for minutes and other records related to public meetings.

Now read the OMA carefully sir as I've sent it to you and thus you were informed.

Violations can be a misdemeanor, and thus are not only civil violations of law, but criminal in nature.

Oh and by the way under the FOIA I should be able to subscribe to said minutes including proposed minutes and since they are produced electronically they don't cost a bloody thing.

Warmly,

Joe Harcz

cc: several