[nfbmi-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: [NH_ADAPT] Fwd: Hoisted on Our Own Petards?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 01:07:44 UTC 2014

Something to ponder amonst those of use who are blind and great civil rights leaders such as Jacobus Tenbroek.

Our collective movement was founded upon civil rights principles. We, the National Federation of the Blind is a civil rights movement.

We who are blind have the right to sit at the table with those who are sighted, and on equal terms. We also have the absolute right to self-determination; the right to define our movement and our individual aspirations as well.

In short as our founder put it so aptly, "We have the right to live in the world."

This post relates to how we are being dissed by the other civil rights movement along with our brothers and sisters with other disabilities. It is food for thought.

Joe