[nfbmi-talk] eoc minutes not very timely

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 19:43:30 UTC 2014

April 7 2014 to Rodgers EOC Minutes

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Not a FOIA Request

Edward Rodgers, Director

Mich. Bureau Services to Blind Persons

Dear. Mr. Rodgers,

Getting information from your agency, even required information is certainly not timely.

For example on BSBP’s web site the latest minutes (required under the Mich. OMA and Public Act 260) at:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61256_28313_33126-221941--,00.html

are from June 8, 2013.

The Michigan Open Meetings Act requires that all meeting minutes are produced or made available upon request within 8 working days.

Thus I request that you follow the OMA and corrollary laws and remit all the minutes since June of last year  to me via e-mail forthwith and once again urge you to make them available upon BSBP’s web site in a timely manner as other agencies in state government do as a matter of routine.

It certainly isn’t transparent, these in-actions, and is hardly the hallmark of a well run agency accountable to the people of this state and to people who happen to be blind.

Regardless, it is a pattern and practice of you and the agency violating the OMA, and indeed Section 504 and other aspects of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and PA 260 which funds and enables BSBP to begin with.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.