[nfbmi-talk] Key provisions in proposed amendments toWorkforceInvesstment Act

Christine Boone christineboone2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:41:41 UTC 2014

I cannot disagree with anything you say here Joe.  But your position here, and mine as well coincidentally enough, depends upon the knowledge, experience, heart, mind and principals of administrators of vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs for persons who are blind.  It takes real work to understand the problems confronted by recipients of vocational rehabilitation and independent living services.  It takes actual experience, compassion, intelligence, more work and a willingness to learn in order to build an agency that helps customers realize socio-economic, success.     ,
Real socio-economic success means thatr those clients are ultimately freed from further dependence upon the Vocational Rehabilitation agency, because even when they hit pits in the road as do all of us in this human experiment, they are empowered to move on by themselves, without the need to return to the rehabilitation agency.  This is whatr was envisioned by the Rehabilitation Act, way back in 1943.