[nfbmi-talk] Uber Comes to Ann Arbor, 2 Weeks of Free Rides

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue Apr 22 18:47:47 UTC 2014

I love the new breed of ride sharing services and am happy to let you
know that one of them is now in Ann Arbor. In case you're not familiar,
Uber is one of a set of services which modernize getting around. Instead
of calling a cab and having no idea when it might come, you call for a
driver using an app on your iPhone. The app will let you know how far
away the nearest driver is and also alert you when they've arrived. Once
you make it to your destination, your credit card is automatically
charged including tip so there's no fumbling for cash or annoyance in
waiting for a cab driver to call in your credit card. Plus, Uber is
generally cheaper than cabs, especially the lower cost UberX service.
The drivers are screened and the vehicles usually modern.

In cities where Uber and others exist, I rarely take cabs anymore.
For Ann Arbor, you can get up to 10 rides for free over the next two
weeks, up to $25 each. So if you want to just ride around town and go to
some cool places for free, this would be a great time to do it.
I've got two promo codes for you. First put in code 6K56Q for an
additional $20 in credit. Then put in code a2launch for the free rides.
The Uber app is available on the iTunes App Store.

Uber and Lyft have been available in the Detroit area for the past year
or so.

If you have any questions about these apps, feel free to write me.

--
Best regards,
J.J.