[nfbmi-talk] Uber Comes to Ann Arbor, 2 Weeks of Free Rides

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Apr 23 01:47:54 UTC 2014

J.J.  I think your description of Uber is largely accurate, however,
from everything I have read, they aren't necessarily cheaper than
cabs, and generally are a little more.  Plus, they adjust the price
according to demand, so if it is very busy you will pay more, a Wall
Street Journal article said someone was charged 10 times the cab rate
during a snow storm.  So, people shouldn't assume it will be cheaper
-- but it seems to be the way of the future.

Dave