[nfbmi-talk] 75 Days of Action Campaign FAQ

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:29:26 UTC 2014

7189 Connors Rd.
Munising, MI 49862

July 31, 2014

Dear Michigan Federationists:

     During the 75 Days of Action, we will begin a new chapter in
Oakland/Mccomb Counties, and begin a new chapter in the Upper
Peninsula. We will also regenerate the Kalamazoo Chapter. Participants
from Michigan on the 75 Days of Action Committee are Dave Robinson and
J.J. Meddaugh. If you would like to be on this committee please
contact me.
     Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions that I have
received concerning the 75 days of Action.

Sincerely,
Larry Posont
President
 (906) 387-3546
Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
 Web page: www.nfbmi.org

Munising home of the beautiful Pictured Rocks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is the 75 Days of Action Campaign?

A. The 75 days of Action Campaign is an opportunity for our dedicated
and committed NFB leaders around the country to work in 75 days of
action to build 75 new NFB chapters and divisions, and to strengthen
75 of our existing chapters and divisions that may not be so strong.

Q. When does the 75 Days of Action Campaign begin?

A. The 75 Days of Action Campaign begins on the second of September
and runs through the 16th of November. The sixteenth of November
begins the seventy-fifth year of the National Federation of the Blind.

Q. How can I join the 75 Days of Action Campaign?

A. You can become a chapter builder by e-mailing
<mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org and letting us know that you
are seriously interested in working on building a chapter in your
area or some town or city near you that may not have a NFB chapter.

Q. Do you have training materials or tools that can help me start
building or strengthening a chapter?
A. The 75 Days of Action Committee will hold regular telephone
conference calls to provide training on the ways to effectively build
chapters and they will also provide some written material to help you
get started. To fit in with your busy schedules, these training
sessions will be held several times per week beginning in early
August. Your commitment to the campaign does not require you to be on
multiple calls per week. The calls should be viewed as a resource, a
way to share information and celebrate success.

Q. Do I have a 75 Days of Action Committee regional coordinator that
I can turn to for advice and direction during the time I work on
building a chapter?

A. Each member of the steering committee, which was appointed by the
National Federation of the Blind president, has responsibility to
work with a number of state affiliate presidents and members from
those specific states who are working on building chapters in their
affiliate. Ask your state president who your regional coordinator is
or email <mailto:75days at nfb.org>75days at nfb.org. The regional
coordinator will be available for tips and ideas.
Q. What happens on the 76th day?

A. After the 75 Days of Action Campaign, we will celebrate a
milestone accomplishment of building the Federation in a powerful
manner.  We will maintain our momentum through the efforts of an
enhanced Membership Committee.  The NFB Membership Committee has
already begun to evolve into a dynamic on-going effort to support our
affiliates and divisions.  The tools and strategies developed and
implemented through the 75 Days of Action Campaign will be
replicated, disseminated, and improved by the members of this
committee.  Regular calls will be held where affiliates, divisions,
and chapters will be encouraged to share their evolving strategies
with each other.