[nfbmi-talk] Up on the roof!?

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 00:45:09 UTC 2014

Hello Michigan Federationists:

     In President Riccobono's December Newsletter, he discusses putting Christmas lights out on his roof. This is not something I
have ever done. I know a blind person could do it, but I am not sure how he did it. I suspect lights would neet to go around the
edge or they would not be seen. Isn't the edge of a roof slanted to get rid of the rain? How does anyone safely string lights on the
edge of a roof without falling? Also, how do we as blind people know that the lights are actually working? I tried to put lights on
a Christmas tree a few years ago and it took ten hours. It was very frustrating. After that, my mom got us a tree that already has
lights on it. I put on my own ornaments though. There are many things I would like to do with another blind person. One of them is
go up on a roof without getting killed or injured and another is to see how someone puts up their own Christmas lights as a blind
person without many hours and a lot of frustration.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox