[nfbmi-talk] Secret Affiliate Board Action & Expenditure

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:45:59 UTC 2014

Terry,

   As a board member I will step forward and explain at least what I have
knowledge of of this issue.  Our president called to ask me about this
expenditure, and after hearin the data and recommendation of the attorney, I
felt it was worth supporting.  I am assuming that he recieved enough support
from the board members to make this decision.  I would support the case you
had against BSBP, but for some reason, totally unknown to me, the attorney
did not recommend that the case be persued.  At least, that is what was
reported to the board.
   Your right that we did not discuss this in a open board meeting,and
perhaps we should have done so, but I think times and deadlines were an
issue.
   I know that a lot of frustration about the illegal corruption at BSBP was
expressed at the leadership retreat,and some would like to just ignore the
agency, but we as a group did not support that thought.  People that think
they can advocate for blind people and ignore what is going on at the BSBP
have their heads in the sand.  We must address the issues at BSBP if we
intend to carry out our purpose.
   I as a board member apologize to you if the assisance for Risa and the
official position on BSBP was not expressed to the members.  We are leaders
as members of the board, but we also have to be communicators and supporters
of our membership. Everyone needs to know so we can all make good choices.

Dave