[nfbmi-talk] request info mpas conflicts of interests

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Feb 2 12:46:38 UTC 2014

February 2 2014 Request Conflict of Interest Statements

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Elmer Cerano, Director

Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc.

(Via E-mail)

Dear Mr. Cerano,

I draw your attention to the following from the February 28, 2012 MPAS Board of Directors meeting:

“Kate Wolters indicated that the conflict of interest statements were included in the Board packets previously mailed to each Board Member.  She asked Board Members to please fill them out and return to Camilia.

Elmer Cerano added that the conflict of interest form is more voluminous than in the past due to changes in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) law. It requires that boards of directors of non-profit organizations divulge any existing, potential or perceived conflicts of interests, not only financial but programmatic conflicts need to be divulged. The same requirement will apply to the PAIMI Council and staff.  “

As a person who is blind and advocate for same I am requesting all conflict of interest statements listed above for all directors of MPAS and all required similar documents of key personnel as required by various laws. Moreover, I request these documents in a timely and accessible manner, and without surcharge pursuant to known obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title III, of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Both relevant civil rights laws indeed apply to MPAS!

To wit remit these requested documents as either plain text attachments or enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

I thank you in advance for your prompt compliance in this regard.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.