[nfbmi-talk] Clarification on Proposed List Policy

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Sun Feb 2 23:16:18 UTC 2014

Hello. I replied to someone on the other thread but am afraid that
message may have become lost in the shuffle.
While we all have differing opinions on what should and sholdn't be
posted here, what I was attempting to do was call out a specific trend.

To explain, sometimes, messages get posted here with official requests
to the state or another agency. These requests are usually legitimate
and are needed when it comes to the lack of action by some in
government. The problem in my eyes comes up when this request is carbon
copied or CC'd to our list. What this does is to give the effect that
the NFB of Michigan is a party to the request. Now if our board
authorizes such a request to take place, this makes sense. But if one of
our memembers does this, no matter how well-intentioned, it has the
potential to contradict or hurt our PR strategy. As we look to create
the best public relations plan for our organization, these are things we
need to be mindful of.

Please notice I'm not saying anything about the content of civilized
conversation, just a logistics concern as to the way we present this
information.
I'd be happy to clarify this to anyone who has any questions on or off list.

Thanks much

--
Best regards,
J.J.