[nfbmi-talk] the slavers crying foul access pr

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 14:30:20 UTC 2014

Speaks for itself. This is the lobbying group for the NISH shops who pay PWD slave labor wages and we know how accessable Peckham, New Horizons, and others are here in Michigan to the blind.

Joe
Executive Order on Minimum Wage Comes with a Catch

By

ACCSES

Published: Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014 - 2:37 pm

WASHINGTON, Feb. 13, 2014 -- /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The President, yesterday, issued an

executive order

establishing a minimum wage for certain federal contractors and subcontractors. ACCSES, the voice of more than 1,200 disability service providers and the

people with the most significant disabilities we represent, supports efforts to increase the economic self-sufficiency of people with disabilities.

(Photo:

http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140213/MN64860)

ACCSES believes this executive order will have a positive impact on people with disabilities and increase their economic self-sufficiency if and only if

federal agencies are directed to increase the amount of government contracts in order to subsidize the wage differential between $10.10 per hour and the

wage currently paid pursuant to Section 14(c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Terry Farmer, CEO of ACCSES stated, "If federal agencies are not directed to provide such wage subsidies, we are deeply concerned that the effect of this

executive order will be that thousands of people with the most significant disabilities will lose their jobs."

About ACCSES ACCSES represents more than 1,200 disability service providers across the country. ACCSES works to promote and enhance community-based solutions

that maximize person-centered employment and living opportunities for people with disabilities. Through collaboration with government and other stakeholders,

ACCSES assures that services recognize and support the full potential of each person with a disability.

Media Contact: Andrea Parr, FSA Management Group, 502-574-9934,

aparr at hqtrs.com

News distributed by PR Newswire iReach:

https://ireach.prnewswire.com

Source: