[nfbmi-talk] Another Untimely BS4BP Job Opportunity for BlindPersons

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Feb 25 12:32:59 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Did anyone notice that the term "blind" is never even referenced? Only
"BSBP". Moreover there is only the reference to LARA which is the designated
State Agency. BSBP is the Designated State Unit which is the VR program and
under federal law, the Rehab Act more than ninety percent of the duties of
staff of the DSU must be engaged in work for the DSU and not otherareas of
state government.

But again it is passing strange that "Blind" wasn't even mentioned, but goes
to the fact that this state thinks this program for the blind is its own
little federal piggy bank to do with as it pleases.

Also note that in this job description the franchise issue again rears its
ugly head.

I guess that is because LARA, et al think they can use these federal funds
to give a private sector franchise money though they should know the
franchise will fail.

Joe