[nfbmi-talk] Fw: are these kiosks accessible?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 15:24:21 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: blind democracy List
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:21 AM
Subject: are these kiosks accessible?

Michigan Secretary of State adopting new system to shorten lines Associated Press The Michigan secretary of state's office soon will allow customers at

some of its branches to be in line without actually being in line. A new system called MI-TIME Line will launch soon at 10 of the busiest locations, allowing

customers to schedule appointments and virtually get in line via home computer, phone or text message, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced Wednesday.

Customers at those branches who use the system can be called or texted when it's their turn. Those without mobile phones can stop by the office, check

in at a MI-TIME Line kiosk and head out to run errands while they wait. "We all lead busy lives, and we know that our customers' time is important," Johnson

said in a statement. "Spend the time you save shopping nearby, running errands or being with family. We'll let you know when it's almost your turn. The

system had a "soft launch" last week at branches in Flint and Lansing. It will debut in the coming weeks in Macomb County's Clinton Township, Detroit,

Livonia and Pontiac, and later in Southfield, Taylor and Troy. The 10 offices that will be using the new system together handle more than 2 million transactions

per year. Johnson's office is partnering with QLess. The company's line-management service is used by other driver and motor vehicle agencies, amusement

parks, shopping malls, and health care and educational facilities to reduce wait times.