[nfbmi-talk] Detroit State Job Opportunity

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Jan 28 12:22:53 UTC 2014

Hi Terry and All,

If one looks at the few directories, and all of these job postings one must
see a tremendous rate of turnover in staff including skilled staff in BSBP
under the reign of Rodgers. Yet, he claims the contrary in meetings.

This goes to comprehensive needs assessments by the way.

We also have seen a tremendous rise in administrative support staffing while
qualified field positions rotate and stay vacent.

Bottomline is this in my experience causes severe delays in services if they
get any at all to the very people who BSBP is funded and charged to serve;
namely blind Michiganders.

Oh, I assume by the last directory that Essenberger has no support staff in
the BADP position yet he still makes a nice salary of $104,000 per annum
with all the fringes too.

Meanwhile, of course blind Michiganders go with out. And what is most tragic
is the fact that the newly blinded in particular are thus living for the
most part in squalor, fear and hopelessness. No prospects. No clue of how
they can live rich and meaningful lives if only they were taught the skills
of blindness, including travel skills and communications skills with
adaptive aids including Braille instruction.

Most importantly because they live in a system of forced ignorence....not
knowing even what exists to increase and promote independence they are
living in a world of imposed stereotypes, all in their heads.

Now, while blindness in and of itself does not have to be a tragedy,
certainly these dire and selfhishly imposed, circumstances are tragic.

Has anyone notice that not once has Rodgers or his henchmen ever at public
meetings talked about the prospects for the average blind person and
BSBP'sreal mission?

No it is all about him and his little pets.

Frankly I doubt if he has ever really rubbed shoulders with "customers" of
BSBP like say at the training center.