[nfbmi-talk] rec 3 consumer satisfaction

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 19:55:09 UTC 2014

June 12 2014 Consumer Satisfaction Recommendation

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

To: Staff and Members MCRS

(via e-mail and c/o Executive Director, Marlene Malloy

Dear Ms. Malloy,

Please pass my comments on to MCRS members about the following recommendation for BSBP:

3 - We recommend that the Council receives the tool and data (including anecdotal “information) from the Customer Satisfaction Survey implemented during FY 2014.  We recognize the value of this information as we work to review, analyze and advise BSBP about their service system.  “

First I would like to thank you and MCRS members for this recommendation.

I would also like to point out the documented fact that Mr. Mike Pemble, Deputy Director stated in December, 2013 that he sent out 500 surveys at that time. He did not answer by the way what formats these were in which is very germane to an agency purportedly serving the blind. Nor did he or the agency remit to me, a person who is blind the instrument in accessible format and pursuant to the ADA and Section 504 even upon request.

Moreover, consumer satisfaction surveys are supposed to be conducted by an independent body for the agency cannot police itself.

Frankly, I don’t think there ever was any survey for they haven’t sent you or I the “tool”.

Also if folks look back in the public record when this issue was being fleshed out BSBP stated to RSA that the BSBP Advisory Commission would conduct said surveys. That was in July of 2013 and is on the RSA web site. Funny thing is that none of the BSBP Commissioners know about this either.

Then in last year’s BSBP state plan supplement BSBP claimed MSU was conducting a consumer satisfaction survey for BSBP confusing it perhaps with the CNA?

Regardless BSBP and its Director Rodgers are not forthcoming with any data in these regards and have made false statements in documented fashion to RSA, the public and to MCRS.

There is no other way to put it.

And again this is documented in the public record.

Frankly, this agency is a rogue agency with no accountability or transparency whatsoever. It needs not only a mystery shopper independent survey like those sponsored by the SRC on Michigan Rehabilitation Services in the past, but also a forensic audit of its activities and how it is expending Vocational Rehabilitation dollars and just how it is serving the citizens of this state who are blind in its delivery of Vocational Rehabilitation programs.

By the way there has not been an independent Vocational Rehabilitation consumer satisfaction survey of this agency since 2008. I will send that survey of so-called “successful closures” to any and all upon request, but it was most revealing and the problems with this agency have only become worse since the new regime was put in place.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.