[nfbmi-talk] request perported rfp contracts

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 14:43:13 UTC 2014

June 26 2014 RFP and MRA Contract

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Edward Rodgers, Director

Mich. Bureau of Services to Blind Persons (BSBP)

Dear Mr. Rodgers,

I point you to the following:

(From: Draft MCRS Minutes May 2 2014)

“Business Enterprise Program (BEP)

A brief overview was provided of the BEP, which is a federal and state program that gives preference to blind entrepreneurs in either federal or state operated buildings, including Michigan highway rest stops, to run either snack and/or vending machines.

Update:  BEP Operator in Anderson House Office Building, Downtown Lansing

BSBP has been working hard to get BEP operators back into the Anderson building after a recent absence.  A goal for the end of May has been set for this to take place.

Division of Business Assistance and Development

Under the leadership of its new Director, Rob Essenberg, this division has been combined with the BEP.  Both divisions will be housed in the Anderson building.

Partnership with Michigan Restaurant Association

Some of the Association’s members will be giving BSBP products that will be sold at various facilities.  Contracts are in the process of being finalized.

BSBP Data System

BSBP is currently in the process of updating its data system for information management.  A RFP (request for proposals) is being finalized for bids for a new data collection system, which will be working with the BEP and vending routes for more computerized monitoring of stock levels in operator machines.”

I am asking you today for the contract between BSBP (a federally created and funded Vocational Rehabilitation Agency) and the Michigan Restaurant Association and any private restaurants contracted with and referenced in the above.

I am also requesting the referenced RFP related to the BEP data System which by the way you’ve been talking about ever since you assumed the directorship of the BSBP in October of 2012 and which was a part of the findings and rrecomendations  of the Michigan Auditor General’s report in November, 2012.

As always I thank you for your prompt and accessible response to this inquiry of a public official dealing with public funds.

I know by your comments recently at the MCRS meeting that you will be forthcoming in supplying such information and the documentation of such claims to the MCRS too.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.