[nfbmi-talk] senate passes wia

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 23:35:58 UTC 2014

Subject: Passage of HR 803 - The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act

State Directors,

The Senate just passed the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), bipartisan, bicameral legislation to reauthorize the Workforce Investment Act
(WIA). HR 803, The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, passed the Senate on an overwhelmingly bipartisan basis, 95-3. The legislation authored by
Senators Harkin, Alexander, Murray, and Isakson and Representatives Kline, Miller, Foxx, and Hinojosa will now move to the House.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your advocacy efforts with your Members of Congress and your unwavering support of our efforts as we worked tirelessly
to impact this legislation. We are confident the bill will pass the House, although we do not yet know the date the bill will come to the House floor.
We will keep you informed as more information becomes available to us.

Again, thanks to you all. Together we made a difference!