[nfbmi-talk] Fw: documentation of ada 504 violations

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 22:25:56 UTC 2014

Terry and all, another bite at this apple here. Why on earth are we, those
who are blind predated against by the very system that is funded to liberate
us? Why are we who are blind put in to a position where we fight, or have to
fight for every scrap of visually deliverred information (i.e. print) in a
format we can discern and act upon all by ourselves if supplied which is by
the way a civil right in every venue let alone the legal context?
'
The answer is simple. It is to literally keep us ignorant about our
personal, collective and other affairs on par with those whom are sighted.

It is a matter of control. Pure and simple.

It is a matter of keeping us not only in our place, but also a matter of
creating and creating systems that look upon us as commodities and not
people. It is all about power, control, and the influence of monies at our
expense sir!

It would be simpler an more honest if the government would simply cut a
check to each and everyone of us who are blind than to engage in the fraud
that is beingperpretrated upon us in this system which isn't even accessable
and access is not only a nice thing but it is a civl right.

For one cannot understand the word if one isn't given access to the word in
the first place.

This is no more self evident in construct than one who uses a wheelchair
cannot have equal access to a bus if not given a lift, literally.

In fact the principle is given in the words and actions of ADAPT in its
early days when they and we were fighting for access to the mass
transportation system. Our slogan, while we took over bus systems like those
in denver was, "Rosa Parks foughtrightfully to sit in the front of the bus.
We fight to literally get on the bus."

So it goes to access to the printed word.

There is no and I repeat no due process of law if all things printed related
to any case in any venue aren't made in real time in the most effective
format to the individual accessable and in a timely manner.

Not one thing. Not this or that thing. But everything. And again to all
comers in real time and in the most effective form for that individual. That
is what 4504 says. And it is more than forty years old. That is what the ADA
says. That is what, in effect Tennesee v. Lane says in context to court and
legal access.

Yet, over and over again VR and adjudicatory processess violate these basic
principles with grave damage to each and all of us.