[nfbmi-talk] Minutes National Federation of the Blind of MichiganBoard Meeting March 20, 2014

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:04:33 UTC 2014

Hello Terri,

Thank you as always for producing these minutes. However, I have a couple of
questions I would like to ask in regards to these minutes.

First, if I recall correctly, I do not believe Donna attended this
conference call. Therefore, how was it possible for her to make a report
during this meeting if she did not attend it in the first place? If someone
else gave the report during the conference call, then I believe this person
should be mentioned in the minutes as the one who gave the report.

Second, near the end of the minutes it states that "Mark Eagle and Terri
Wilcox will be on the State Affiliate  Scholarship Committee." However, I do
not recall any discussion or motions made to create such a committee. If the
state affiliate would like to sponsor a college scholarship again this year,
then I believe the state affiliate board would need to make a motion to
create such a committee and provide the appropriations to spend on a
scholarship  program. Since there was not a motion to create such a
committee during this meeting, I do not believe the minutes should reflect
the creation of such a committee.

I believe the minutes should adequately reflect what actually took place
during the meeting, and not necessarily what should have taken place during
the meeting, nor intentions of what should take place after the meeting.
Therefore, if you could please change the minutes to adequately  reflect who
provided reports during the meeting, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Elizabeth