[nfbmi-talk] DAVID (me)vs GOLIATH (BSBP)

Marcus Simmons president at map-n.org
Thu May 8 23:44:08 UTC 2014

Dear NFBMI Family,

I am proud to report that the "I Can Connect" program for me is complete. Today I had my training on the equipment supplied by the National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program.

Sorry to burst the bubble of those whom did not think this would happen.

Now I must find other deaf/blind persons that will qualify for this endeavor. I am told that 30 -40 applications have been submitted.
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Marcus Simmons, President,
Wayne County chapter NFBMI
Second Vice-president, NFB Deaf/Blind Division
28179 Brentwood
Southfield, MI 48076-3069
president at map-n.org
(248) 552-8928