[nfbmi-talk] Chapter Business

Larry D Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 19:15:43 UTC 2014

Well Joe, I've talked to you on numerous occassions and consider you very
knowledgable and I think you have some great ideas and a lot of experience.
I don't really care much about other chapters internal affairs though. Many
of us have not done or have not lived up to our expectations like we should.
I'm trying along with our other officers to hold our chapter together. We
have almost a dozen menbers but rarely see more than 4. Some of those
members that don't show often still contribute and some don't. With all of
the volunteer groups I am involved with, we don't call out members in the
larger affilited parts for offenses that are maybe major to the chapter but,
not so much to the afiliate. For example, if I don't pay dues to our Knights
of Columbus council, we do not take it up in our assembly. Lastly, Jeff is
still a young man. Well an old boy. He is really smart but I remember being
one of those as well! If the wind blew me towards something more
interesting, away I'd go! O ne of our members has a couple of kids in sports
and also likes to go to the football games down here. We are pretty much
guaranteed not to see them from September to at least December. However,
they can usually be counted on to help with a lot of things in the chapter.
If my kids were still in sports, I'd be a lot harder to get hold of as well!
The commitment to NFB has to be internalized like any other commitment. a