[nfbmi-talk] Report of Parents with Disabilities from NCD

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 00:20:58 UTC 2014

Very important finding. Thanks Terry.

BTW I did fight as a blind parent to get every scrap of paper related to my
daughters education in my most accessable format and won through my OCR
complaints too and that was in the 1990s. And yes the ADA and 504 applies to
parents with disabilities as well as students with disabilities.

Moreover, now Federationist Noel Nightengale is suing the Seattle district
to make her kids textbooks online accessable to her.

The point is that this sort of access to information is critical for we who
are blind to be just like everyone else. Just like sighted parents!

And we as an organization that is a civil rights organization should be
fighting for these things here in Michigan and on every front from cradle to
the grave.

And if we rock the corrupted cradle here in Michigan which all agencies of
government scoff at our civil rights then so be it.

It's long since time to rock their corrupted and discriminatory world.

Best,

Joe