[nfbmi-talk] Don't forget. Washington Seminar Reminder

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Wed Nov 26 03:33:53 UTC 2014

As the weather outside becomes a bit more frightful, I'm reminded that
Washington Seminar is just two short months away. But the deadline to
indicate your interest is Monday, December 1.

We would love to hear from you if you're interested in attending. The
Michigan affiliate has allocated money for a men's and women's room as
well as some additional financial assistance at the disgression of the
president.

I'm currently seeing flights for around  $200 from Detroit, Lansing, and
Grand Rapids.
If your work or school schedule is up in the air, plese send me a
message now and we'll do what we can to work with you. I understand
planning two months out isn't always practical. But we do need to hear
something by that December 1 deadline so we can start planning.

Washington Seminar is one of our most empowering events, and it's an
amazing feeling to see legislation pass that we worked on ourselves.
Remember the Braille coin? Myself and other Michigan federationists were
there to help get it passed. Quiet cars? We were a part of that too.
We can talk about change, but Washington is often where change happens.
Plus if you are a student, parent, or merchant, there are seminars for
you as well on Monday.

Please don't feel like you need to have been a member of our affiliate
for 10 years just to go. We're looking for a mix of seasoned members and
people newer to our organization.

Please Email me at jj at bestmidi.com with question or to let me know of
your interest in going.

Thanks, and enjoy turkey day.