[nfbmi-talk] Thanksgiving Day

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 05:54:51 UTC 2014

Hello Fellow Federationists,

Happy, safe, and blessed Thanksgiving Day to all.  Despite all the
challenges, barriers, ignorance, prejudice and discrimination we face daily
as persons with blindness, and a public and private sectors that need vast
improvements, ongoing effective monitoring and enforcement of established
law and public policy, designed to remove barriers to equality, opportunity,
security and independent self-support and meaningful contribution to society
and our community, we still are very blessed to be citizens of the greatest
and freedom valued nation of the natural world, and we are each called to
serve the best interest of our fellow sisters and brothers, especially those
who are less fortunate to speak for themselves, thus we are commanded out of
love to be their voice in a noisy distracted world. This day gives us the
opportunity to spend time focusing on our blessings and focus on our calling
to love and serve one another.