[nfbmi-talk] Announcing the MIABS State Convention Meeting and KNFB Reader App Raffle

Jordyn Castor jordyn2493 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:37:24 UTC 2014

Hello All,,

The Michigan Association of Blind Students will be holding our yearly meeting Friday October 10 from 7-9 PM at the state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan.

Come hear from Cary Supalo, a practicing blind chemist about what it takes to be successful in the classroom and the workplace. Patti Chang, chairperson of the NFB scholarship program will also be talking about our exciting National Scholarship program, which gives away scholarships ranging from $3,000 to $12,000 to 30 blind college students each year. We will also hear a demo of the new highly-anticipated KNFB Reader app for iPhone, an app that takes pictures of printed documents and turns them into speech and text.

Come network with other successful blind students, and hear about the latest happenings in the student division and around the state of MI.

We’d love for you to join us for this exciting meeting. You do not need to be an NFB member to attend.

The convention is located at the Holiday Inn Gateway Flint MI:
5353 Gateway Centre, Flint, MI, 48507.

See you there!

P.S.
We will be selling raffle tickets, and one lucky winner will win a free copy of the KNFB Reader mobile app. There will also be a second winner drawn, and this individual will win a SoundPods bluetooth speaker from A T Guys.  Tickets are $5 a piece or 5 for $20. The winning numbers will be drawn at banquet, and you must be present to win. All proceeds will directly benefit the Michigan Association of Blind Students. Good luck!