[nfbmi-talk] questions about cacil payments

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 14 13:27:58 UTC 2014

October 14 2014 Questions About CACIL

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Edward Rodgers, Director

Mich. Bureau Services to Blind Persons

Mike Pemble, BSBP

Leamon Jones, BSBP

Sirs,

I point your attention to the payments from BSBP to the Capitol Area Center for Independent Living in Lansing from the DTMB database after my signature line.

One component as you know of BSBP is to offer independent living services to blind individuals including, of course the large grant for the Older Blind. I am asking you today to describe the unique, non-duplicative services offered to blind persons by this CIL.

Simply as I’ve asked for in other non-responded to requests just what does this CIL do for these payments?

And if BSBP is the expert and the grantee why aren’t they doing these un-named things for blind citizens?

Sirs, blindness is growing and particularly amongst the elderly. People need core services and training and simple things like travel skill instruction, assistive technology training and equipment, and how to live independently in our communities.

Thus, again simply I wish to know how funding like this accomplishes these goals and how it meets the needs.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.