[nfbmi-talk] speaking of jobs for pwd

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 26 11:53:08 UTC 2014

Speaking of jobs and the ADA here is a small CIL in a small state doing what it should be doing. Now what about our Vocational Rehabilitation programs and Centers for Independent Living here? And what about our Bureau of Services to Blind Persons which actually discriminates in documented fashion against hiring blind persons including blind student assistants?

Moreover, why aren’t our one-stops fully accessable and accommodating to the needs of PWD in Michigan as required by law?

So many questions but you all get the point.

Joe

White River Junction — A free workshop about employment and people with disabilities is set for Thursday, from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at the Upper Valley

Haven, 713 Hartford Ave.

The topics include reasonable workplace accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act; “Ticket to Work” and other incentive programs for people

with a disability; and overviews of services offered by the Vermont Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Vermont Association of Business, Industry

and Rehabilitation.

It will also cover Health Care and Rehabilitation Services’ vocational program for people with a mental health diagnosis.

Those needing reasonable accommodations should contact Vermont Center for Independent Living at 802-229-0501 or info at vcil.org by Monday, organizers said.

For more information, call 802-779-9021 or email greed at vcil.org.

Source:

http://www.vnews.com/news/townbytown/hartford/14064865-95/jobs-for-those-with-disabilities-is-focus-of-meeting