[nfbmi-talk] ADA, labeling, and hospitals

Heather Bowman-Tomlinson heatherbt at mac.com
Sun Oct 26 19:26:42 UTC 2014

Howdy.
I think read in the recently posted ADA that hospitals did not have to follow the ADA labeling section on how to label rooms etc.

Is this truly what is says? Did I interpret is correctly?

Hospitals are about the worst buildings to try to teach my kids to navigate in. Is it because they are exempt?

How do independent adults navigate a multi wing, multi floor hospital like Royal Oak Beaumont?

Do they think no blind person will visit a Dr on their own?

Please clarify this and end this confusion if you can.

Heather.

I may not be perfectly wise, perfectly witty, or perfectly wonderful, but I am always perfectly me. Anon.