[nfbmi-talk] highest priority

Mark Eagle markaeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 19:26:27 UTC 2014

How are they planning on identifying, selecting and placing
qualified persons with disabilities in state jobs? If they are planning on
using a system that gives points or preference to persons with disabilities
like the federal government. This sounds a little like affirmative action. The
Snyder administration does not have a great track record of supporting
affirmative action. Especially, when it comes to admissions in higher education.

If they are seeking a better understanding of best hiring
practices. Going to the private sector may not be most ideal. Especially, if
they’re seeking advice from Peckham. Peckham has a lot of trouble training,
placing and working with other agencies for clients to obtain skills that will
benefit them in successful careers.

Also, my recommendation to Snyder’s administration would be
that ADA Coordinators be experts in the ADA and not be political appointees
that don’t have the knowledge or will to make the proper changes.