[nfbmi-talk] lakeshore cil questions and more

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 13:11:12 UTC 2014

September 26 2014 Questions About Lakeshore CIL

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Edward Rodgers, Mich. Bureau Services for Blind Persons

Leamon Jones, BSBP

(Via e-mail)

Dear Sirs,

I point your attention to the expenditure from BSBP to The disability Network Lakeshore in Holland Michigan after my signature line.

I was wondering what unique, non-duplicative services this Center for Independent Living does with this money for Michiganders who are blind in the area. I thought BSBP was the expert, and federal grantee for Vocational Rehabilitation, including transition programs and for Independent Living including the Older Blind program for Michiganders who are blind. In addition I’ve yet to have any response to my inquiries relative to just why BSBP had more funds in FY 2013 than the prior year but served about 60 percent less individuals as referenced in the RSA 7OB report.

I’m certain there are some reasonable explanations for all of this, but have yet to receive a response to these inquiries.

In the interest of transparency and collaboration towards the betterment of Michiganders who are blind please explain.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.